Chapter 90: Optical, photographic, cinematographic, measuring, checking, precision, medical or surgical instruments and apparatus; parts and accessories thereofNIL (Not taxable)
1. Hearing aids .5% Tax bracket
1. Coronary stents and coronary stent systems for use with cardiac catheters. 2. Artificial kidney 3. Disposable sterilized dialyzer or microbarrier of artificial kidney 4. Parts of the following goods, namely:-
(i) Crutches; (ii) Wheel chairs; (iii) Walking frames; (iv) Tricycles; (v) Braillers; and (vi) Artificial limbs
5. Assistive devices, rehabilitation aids and other goods for disabled, specified in List 32 appended to notification No.12/2012- Customs, dated the 17th March, 2012.12% Tax bracket
1. Spectacle lenses, contact lens  2. Blood glucose monitoring system (Glucometer) and test strips. 3. Patent Ductus Arteriousus. 4. Mathematical calculating instruments and pantographs . 5. Drawing instruments, Other drawing and marking out instruments . 6. Instruments and appliances used in medical, surgical, dental or veterinary sciences, including scintigraphic apparatus, other electro-medical apparatus and sighttesting instruments . 7. Mechano-therapy appliances; massage apparatus; psychological aptitude-testing apparatus; ozone therapy, oxygen therapy, aerosol therapy, artificial respiration or other therapeutic respiration apparatus . 8. Other breathing appliances and gas masks, excluding protective masks having neither mechanical parts nor replaceable filters . 9. Orthopaedic appliances, including crutches, surgical belts and trusses; splints and other fracture appliances; artificial parts of the body; hearing aids and other appliances which are worn or carried, or implanted in the body, to compensate for a defect or disability . 10. Apparatus based on the use of X-rays or of alpha, beta or gamma radiations, for medical, surgical, dental or veterinary uses, including radiography or radiotherapy apparatus, X-ray tubes and other Xray generators, high tension generators, control panels and desks, screens, examinations or treatment tables, chairs and the light .18% Tax bracket
1.  Optical fibres and optical fibre bundles; optical fibre cables other than those of heading 8544; sheets and plates of polarising material; prisms, mirrors and other optical elements, of any material, unmounted, other than such elements of glass not optically worked 2.  Lenses, prisms, mirrors and other optical elements, of any material, mounted, being parts of or fittings for instruments or apparatus, other than such elements of glass not optically worked. 3.  Frames and mountings for spectacles, goggles or the like, and parts thereof. 4.  Spectacles, and the like, corrective, protective or other and goggles, corrective. 5. 9024 Machines and appliances for testing the hardness, strength, compressibility, elasticity or other mechanical properties of materials (for example, metals, wood, textiles, paper, plastics). 6. 9025 Hydrometers and similar floating instruments, thermometers, pyrometers, barometers, hygrometers and psychrometers, recording or not, and any combination of these instruments. 7. 9026 Instruments and apparatus for measuring or checking the flow, level, pressure or other variables of liquids or gases (for example, flow meters, level gauges, manometers, heat meters), excluding instruments and apparatus of heading 9014, 9015, 9028 or 9032 8. 9027 Instruments and apparatus for physical or chemical analysis (for example, polarimeters, refractometers, spectrometers, gas or smoke analysis apparatus); instruments and apparatus for measuring or checking viscosity, porosity, expansion, surface tension or the like; instruments and appratus for measuring or checking quantities of heat, sound or light (including exposure meters); microtomes 9. 9028 Gas, liquid or electricity supply or production meters, including calibrating meters therefor. 10. 9029 Revolution counters, production counters, taximeters, mileometers, pedometers and the like; speed indicators and tachometers, other than those of heading 9014 or 9015; stroboscopes. 11. 9030 Oscilloscopes, spectrum analysers and other instruments and apparatus for measuring or checking electrical quantities, excluding meters of heading 90.28; instruments and apparatus for measuring or detecting alpha, beta, gamma, X‑ray, cosmic or other ionising radiatioin. 12. 9031 Measuring or checking instruments, appliances and machines, not specified or included elsewhere in this Chapter; profile projectors. 13. 9033 Parts and accessories (not specified or included elsewhere in this Chapter) for machines, appliances, instruments or apparatus of Chapter 90.28% Tax bracket
1.  Goggles (other than corrective. 2.  Binoculars, monoculars, other optical telescopes, and mountings therefor; other astronomical instruments and mountings therefor, but not including instruments for radioastronomy. 3.  Photographic (other than cinematographic) cameras; photographic flashlight apparatus and flashbulbs other than discharge lamps of heading 8539. 4.  Cinematographic cameras and projectors, whether or not incorporating sound recording or reproducing apparatus. 5.  Image projectors, other than cinematographic; photographic (other than cinematographic) enlargers and reducers. 6. 9009 – Blank in Tariff 7.  Apparatus and equipment for photographic (including cinematographic) laboratories, not specified or included elsewhere in this Chapter; negatoscopes; projection screens. 8.  Compound optical microscopes, including those for photomicrography cinephotomicrography or microprojection. 9.  Microscopes other than optical microscopes; diffraction apparatus. 10.  Liquid crystal devices not constituting articles provided for more specifically in other headings; lasers, other than laser diodes; other optical appliances and instruments, not specified or included elsewhere in this Chapter. 11.  Direction finding compasses; other navigational instruments and appliances. 12.  Surveying (including photogrammetrical surveying), hydrographic, oceanographic, hydrological, meteorological or geophysical instruments and appliances, excluding compasses; rangefinders. 13.  Balances of a sensitivity of 5 cg or better, with or without weights. 14.  Instruments for measuring length, for use in the hand (for example, measuring rods and tapes, micrometers, callipers), not specified or included elsewhere in the chapter. 15. 9022 Apparatus based on the use of X-rays or of alpha, beta or gamma radiations, for other than medical, surgical, dental or veterinary uses, including radiography or radiotherapy apparatus, X-ray tubes and other X-ray generators, high tension generators, control panels and desks, screens, examinations or treatment tables, chairs and the light. 16. 9023 Instruments, apparatus and models, designed for demonstrational purposes (for example, in education or exhibitions), unsuitable for other uses.